In 2012, the GOT SIM “jack-of-all-tradeshows” is now called GHOSTS!Join us in Las Vegas for the 2012 “Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists”! Join us in Las Vegas August 3rd & 4th for the healthcare simulation industry’s 2nd annual “Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists” event. GHOSTS is a unique meeting as it is the only conference specifically designed for sim techs, or those operating and maintaining the day-to-day operations of a medical simulation lab. GHOSTS is the place for Sim Techs to exchange ideas and contacts, receive specialized training in manikin hardware & software, audiovisual production, moulage makeup, team communication & leadership techniques, medical terminology and much much more. Enrollment at the GHOSTS event is capped so that participants are guaranteed ‘hands-on’ training. At the 2011 GOT SIM, the event SOLD OUT a month before the event! So be sure to subscribe for more information by subscribing to SimGhosts.Org! So “save the date” to join us here in Las Vegas to receive hands-on sim tech training by leading experts and build relationships with others working in your growing community! Specific Agenda, Hotel details, pre-conference events, participating vendors and other key details available below:
GHOSTS 2012 Key Updates:
- Attendee Name(s).
- Attendee SimGhosts.Org Subscriber Email Addresses.
- Pre-Conference Course selections for all attendees (if any).
- Other needs:
- Will attendees plan to stay at the Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino and need FREE transportation to and from the hotel to the GHOSTS event?
- Will the attendees like to join the CAE Insert Coins Party Thursday evening?
- Do attendees consider themselves novice, intermediate, or experienced simulation users?
Most Paypal issues are resolved by either creating an account or waiting a few hours and then trying your registration again. Please email Lance if you are having continued difficulty.
2012 MEETING HAS SOLD OUT!
Over 152 Sim Techs from around the world will be traveling to the Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas for three days of hands-on training in medical simulation related operations and technologies.
If you are still interested in attending the meeting, email us to get on the waiting list. Information regarding video-content from the meeting will be made available soon so stay tuned to SimGhosts.Org for more information!
- Comprehensive Trauma Moulage Pre-Conference Workshop (50% Off Normal Course Fees!!)
- CAE Sponsored Party at Insert Coins Las Vegas
- CAE Sponsored Keynote from an Aviation Simulation Technician Dorsey Kemp
- LifelineMobile and Guamard Sponsored Mobile Simulation Lab Truck from Scottsdale Healthcare
- Operations Manual Development Workshop sponsored by Studiocode!
- An opportunity to meet with manikin vendors and help shape future technology
- Split course tracks for beginners, intermediate and advanced Sim Techs
- DIY Video Contest Sponsored by Laerdal!
- Check out the brochure for much more!
We had SO MUCH content we had to expand GHOSTS 2012 to include a PRE-Conference day! At this GHOSTS pre-con, beginner Sim Techs will have the opportunity to get official hands-on training with the manikin vendor their choice. Sim Techs wishing to goto the next level can sign up for the Comprehensive Trauma Moulage Workshop where they will learn how to mold 3-dimensional wounds and much more!
GOT SIM History: Last year over 85 technicians joined together at the Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas to receieve specialized training in Medical Simulation Technology. Learn what took place at the 2011 GOT SIM at this SOLD OUT event!
CALL FOR PROPOSALS Now Closed! Who should attend? Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists (also known as Sim Techs), or those permanently responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of a high-fidelity healthcare simulation lab. The event is open to everyone, however, it is designed specifically for Technology Specialists, Technicians, or those responsible for the physical day-to-day operations and maintenance of a simulation lab. OTHER organizations, events and conferences are better suited for those looking to:
- Learn how to develop or manage a clinical simulation center budget and staff
- Learn how to debrief learner groups and/or develop simulation curriculum.
- Meet with other Simulation Technology Specialists and share best practices
- Develop long term industry contacts
- Receive specialized training in:
- High-fidelity manikin hardware & software operation, maintenance and repair
- Audiovisual production techniques
- Team leadership and communication techniques
- Manikin moulage and makeup
- Medical terminology and healthcare practices
- Other community driven topics
- Discuss industry needs and possible standards
The Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino is the official conference hotel for GHOSTS 2012. Rooms are available at a special conference rate per night of $52/weekdays & $79/weekends. The Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino is located on the famous “Fremont Street Experience” of Downtown Las Vegas. Learn more about the Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino by reading our recent article and by visiting: http://www.GoldenNugget.com/LasVegas/ Book your reservation by calling the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino (7AM – Midnight) at: 1-800-634-3454 and state you are with group SIM GHOSTS 2012, code# GSSIM. You can also book online through the following URL: http://tiny.cc/ghosts2012 Are there transportation or shuttle options? A shuttle service will provide FREE transportation to and from the Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino (located in downtown Las Vegas on Fremont Street) and the Shadow Lane Campus where the Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas is located. Those staying at the hotel will need to sign up for transportation, and an email will be sent out regarding this opportunity closer to the event. If you stay at another Hotel you will need to find personal transportation to the Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas, which is NOT at the main UNLV campus, but at the Shadow Lane Campus near UMC Hospital. Cab-Shares: To encourage shared taxis, the SimGhosts.Org forums will host a special area for attendees to share their arrival and departure times at the Las Vegas McCarran Airport. We hope this helps attendees to coordinate taxis to the Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino in Downtown Las Vegas. Are CME’s or CEU’s provided? Not at this time. What Meals are provided? Conference registration includes continental breakfast and lunch for both days. (Pre-conference Adv. Trauma workshop also includes lunch). Can I submit an idea for a workshop? Course Submission is now CLOSED. Isn’t August hot in Las Vegas? Yes it is! However, you will spend most of your time in air-conditioned rooms or the pool! Who are your Founding Sponsors? B-Line Medical and PocketNurse have sponsored the creation of the GHOSTS Organization. B-Line Medical
B-Line Medical is a digital solutions firm focused on the capture, debriefing and assessment of simulation-based medical training. B-Line Medical specializes in the delivery of robust, yet easy to use web-based solutions that have helped over 175 top hospitals, medical schools and nursing programs in nine countries, operate and manage their clinical skills and simulations centers more effectively. Pocket Nurse www.pocketnurse.com. At Pocket Nurse®, exceeding the expectations of customers is the primary goal! Is there an exhibitor area, or can our company sponsor part of the event? Yes, there are a two sponsorship opportunities still available. Please contact the GHOSTS Team for more information. Something came up and now I can’t make GHOSTS 2012 meeting, can I refund my registration? Up until July 17th you can get a full refund for your registration MINUS a $35.00 processing fee. Starting July 18th there are no refunds. Other Questions? Email Lance!