SimGHOSTS and Association for Standardized Patient Educators (ASPE) Announce Affiliation!
The Association of Standardized Patient Educators (ASPE) and The Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists (SimGHOSTS) Announce Global Affiliation!
February 16, 2016
The board members of ASPE and SimGHOSTS are thrilled to announce an affiliation between both global organizations to support the shared goals of improving healthcare education and patient safety. An agreement was signed following the International Meeting for Simulation In Healthcare, where members of both boards came together to finalize the document language.
The overall aims of this affiliation include:
- Promoting each respective organization and their endeavors amongst relevant networks and wider communities through a variety of routes including traditional and online marketing methods
- Sharing & developing new knowledge, skills and resources to benefit the respective membership communities of each organization
- Providing opportunities for collaboration at individual, institutional and organization-wide levels
- Enhancing the dissemination of innovations and solutions to community identified problems amongst members and the wider simulation community
- Establishing pathways for professional development and recognition of the Simulation Technology Specialist in healthcare including training programs and research
- Exploring the collaborative development and administration of ASPE pre-conference specific events focused towards those operating healthcare simulation technology operated by SimGHOSTS.
- Membership from both organizations will be provided discounted access to respective websites and will be invited to collaborate on research projects.
- Furthermore, both organizations have reserved course hours at each other's meetings to promote sharing and professional development.
About The Association for Standardized Patient Educators
The Association of Standardized Patient Educators (ASPE) is the international organization of simulators educators dedicated to: promoting best practices in the application of SP methodology for education, assessment and research. ASPE fosters the dissemination of research and scholarship in the field of SP methodology and advances the professional knowledge and skills of its members. ASPE transforms professional performance through the power of human interaction.
In 2016, ASPE will host its annual meeting in Tampa, Florida, USA (June 26-29) and launch its ASPE Asia Pacific meeting with the National University of Singapore in November.
SimGHOSTS.org, aka The Gathering Of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists, is an international 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to supporting professionals who operate healthcare simulation technology and spaces through: hands-on training events, online resources, and professional development.
Our goal is to help standardized patient and other healthcare educators better adopt and utilize their modern day learning technologies. In 2016 SimGHOSTS will provide four events around the world: Melbourne, Australia (July 5th-8th), London, UK (July 18th-20th), Peoria, USA (Aug. 2nd-5th), and Dubai, UAE (Nov. 13th-15th).
SimGHOSTS will celebrate this affiliation by extending their 50% discount on website subscription an additional month so that ASPE members can gain access to our online resources which include over 200 recorded sessions from previous events, a technology-based forums with over 1500 followers, document database, upcoming webinars, and more!