June 29th Webinar Co-Hosted by HIMSS: Healthcare Simulation Technologies: Secrets Behind Innovative Tools for Training
The next SimGHOSTS webinar will be hosted by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) and is entitled “Healthcare Simulation Technologies: Secrets Behind These Innovative Tools for Training”.
This HIMSS Innovation Community Event is being presented by SimGHOSTS President Dr. Scott Crawford.
When: June 29, 2016 | 1:00 pm — 2:00 pm ET
What: Join the HIMSS Innovation Community as Dr. Scott Crawford, President of SimGHOSTS, as he presents how healthcare simulation based technologies increase training and patient safety outcomes. Dr. Crawford will provide an overview of challenges and focus on how one medical program integrated simulation based healthcare technologies to fill in training gaps. Do you want to be part of the conversation? Please take this quick survey to help HIMSS and SimGHOSTS better understand your state of health care simulation technologies. Is your institution utilizing or considering an investment in healthcare simulation based technologies to increase training and patient safety outcomes? This innovative technology is quickly becoming the defacto training methodology for healthcare systems around the world -- but has a variety of challenges that must be overcome. In this one hour webinar we will focus on the how one medical program integrated simulation based technologies to fill in training gaps. The webinar will be provided by Dr. Scott Crawford, EM Physician at the University Medical Center, Instructor at the Texas Tech University Health Science Center El Paso campus, and President of the international non-profit organization SimGHOSTS.org.
This webinar event will answer these key questions:
- How is simulation technology innovative?
- What challenges did this organization face that prompted the development of a simulation program?
- How has the use of innovative simulation technologies addressed those challenges?
- How can this technology improve healthcare outcomes?
- What challenges might you face with the integration of this technology?
- What should your program consider when adopting these new innovations?
- What resources are available to help your program build and maintain this program (including staff training)?
The HIMSS Innovation Community leverages innovation to reach, educate, diagnose, treat, prevent and research through options not formerly available and promote the hot topics in innovation via monthly webinars. For questions about the community, please contact us. We'd love to hear from you!