SimGHOSTS Affiliates with Pan Asia Society for Simulation in Healthcare (PASSH)
Last night at the World famous Straights Kitchen restaurant in Singapore following the second full day of the inaugural S3 conference, SimGHOSTS Operation Manager Kirrian Steer signed an affiliation agreement with PASSH President Sabrina Koh. PASSH stands for the Pan Asia Society for Simulation in Healthcare, and is a non-profit organization with a mission to achieve excellence in healthcare simulation practice in Asia and a vision to
- Strengthen healthcare education using simulation with emphasis on system integration, assessment, research, teaching and administration of simulation based education.
- Promote development among simulation professionals to apply simulation based education.
- Foster international network of simulation professionals.
- Facilitate information exchanges on practices and knowledge about simulation based education.
- Support users of simulation to achieve competency in the delivery of simulation education
The overall aims of this affiliation include:
- Promoting each respective organization and their endeavors amongst relevant networks and wider communities through a variety of routes including traditional and online marketing methods.
- Sharing & developing new knowledge, skills and resources to benefit the respective membership communities of each organization.
- Providing opportunities for collaboration at individual, institutional and organization-wide levels • Enhancing the dissemination of innovations and solutions to community identified problems amongst members and the wider simulation community.
- Establishing pathways for professional development and recognition of the Simulation Technology Specialist in healthcare including training programs and research.
- Exploring the collaborative development and administration of PASSH / SimGHOSTS specific events focused towards those operating healthcare simulation technology.
SimGHOSTS, aka The Gathering Of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists, is an international US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to supporting individuals and institutions operating medical simulation technology and spaces through: hands-on training events, online resources, and professional development. SimGHOSTS envisions a healthcare education culture where people are empowered to use simulation technology to improve learning and patient care outcomes.
SimGHOSTS Founder Lance Baily said about the occasion, "The SimGHOSTS board of directors are thrilled to affiliate with the passionate, dedicated, and collaborative members of the Pan Asia Society for Simulation in Healthcare, and we cannot wait to continue to support their organization on a global scale".