HSTS402-C1 - Neworking Models, Cabling, & Topologies
This is Course 1 of the Networking Fundamentals for Healthcare Simulation Professionals Series which covers objectives for the CHSOS Domain II; Students will be introduced to the major concepts behind of information technology networking and the systems, components, and software that make it possible. Students will begin to acquire technical knowledge that is critical to the management, administration, proper maintenance, and care of information technology networks. Learning outcomes are associated with the CompTIA Network+ Certification N10-005, and elements of the CompTIA Healthcare IT certification HIT-001. Participants will be exposed fundamentals in information technology network process and theory that are necessary to succeed in any discipline in the information technology field.
- Instructor: James D. Cypert MS, MCSE, MCP, MCT, MOUS, A+, Network+
- Students will be able to report on the purpose and function of network models, topologies, and protocols, and physical components that make up common networks.
- Students will be able to report on routing, naming, and securing modern network using the TCP/IP suite of protocols.
- Students will be able to report on the protection, management, and troubleshooting of network components and applications.
- Students will be able to report on the concepts and standards that make up wireless networking, and methods to implement and troubleshoot wireless connectivity.
- Course 1: Network Models, Cabling & Topologies
- Covers the network models, cabling specifications, and the physical layouts of computer networks. Students will be introduced to the concepts of how these models, equipment, and physical layouts make up networks and how they apply to a healthcare simulation facility.
- Course 2: Ethernet Basics, Physical Networks & Standards
- Covers the basics of ethernet networks and the standards that make communication possible across the most common type of networks. Exploring the key factors to network design.
- Course 3: TCP/IP Basics & Applications
- Covers the basics of TCP/IP the internet protocol that makes the majority of networks function. Teaching students to utilize the applications for interacting with TCP/IP networks for monitoring, troubleshooting, and administrationin healthcare simulation environments.
- Course 4: TCP/IP Routing, Naming, & Securing
- Covers how data is routed, naming convention and rules, and securing your TCP/IP networks.
- Course 5: Network Devices, IPv6, & Remote Connectivity
- Course takes a more in-depth look at network devices, advanced addressing, and remote connectivity in Wide Area Networks..
- Course 6: Wireless Networking, Protecting a Network, & Virtualizations
- Covers the concepts and techniques of wireless networking technologies and their implementation, management, administration, maintenence, and troubleshooitng. In addition the module will cover the best practices of securing wireless networks, and look at techniques of virtualization of networks in general.
- Course 7: Network Management, SOHO Networks, & Network Troubleshooting
- Course takes a in-depth look at network management and troubleshooting, and building your own small office, home office network.
- Course 8: Putting it All Together in Healthcare Simulation
- Course brings all the concepts together and how it applies to a healthcare simulation environment. Showing how to harness the power of computer networking, identifying capabilities and ways to take advantage of those capabilities to enhance your simulation experiences and events.
|$50.00||Course fee for SimGHOSTS Subscribers