SimGHOSTS Online Courses
Courses Listed by Domain:
HSTS420 - Networking Fundamentals for the Healthcare Professional Series
This 8 course series guides students through the fundamentals of networking theory, terminology, and concepts that are the base for understanding networking and its application to healthcare education, training, and simulation. This course prepares students for the networking aspects of the SSH CHSOS Certification Exam, as well as the internationally recognized CompTIA Network+ Certification Exam. The average salaries of those with a Network+ Certification $40-100K annually. SimGHOSTS is offering this course. Take advantage now and prepare yourself to be the network geek in your organization.
Course 1: Network Models, Cabling & Topologies [Register Now] $50.00
- Covers the network models, cabling specifications, and the physical layouts of computer networks. Students will be introduced to the concepts of how these models, equipment, and physical layouts make up networks and how they apply to a healthcare simulation facility.
Course 2: Ethernet Basics, Physical Networks & Standards (coming soon...)
- Covers the basics of Ethernet networks and the standards that make communication possible across the most common type of networks. Exploring the key factors to network design.
Course 3: TCP/IP Basics & Applications (coming soon...)
- Covers the basics of TCP/IP the internet protocol that makes the majority of networks function. Teaching students to utilize the applications for interacting with TCP/IP networks for monitoring, troubleshooting, and administration healthcare simulation environments.
Course 4: TCP/IP Routing, Naming, & Securing (coming soon...)
- Covers how data is routed, naming convention and rules, and securing your TCP/IP networks.
Course 5: Network Devices, IPv6, & Remote Connectivity (coming soon...)
- Course takes a more in-depth look at network devices, advanced addressing, and remote connectivity in Wide Area Networks..
Course 6: Wireless Networking, Protecting a Network, & Virtualizations (coming soon...)
- Covers the concepts and techniques of wireless networking technologies and their implementation, management, administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting. In addition the module will cover the best practices of securing wireless networks, and look at techniques of virtualization of networks in general.
Course 7: Network Management, SOHO Networks, & Network Troubleshooting (coming soon...)
- Course takes a in-depth look at network management and troubleshooting, and building your own small office, home office network.
- Course brings all the concepts together and how it applies to a healthcare simulation environment. Showing how to harness the power of computer networking, identifying capabilities and ways to take advantage of those capabilities to enhance your simulation experiences and events.
Course 8: Putting it All Together in Healthcare Simulation (coming soon...)
This 2-hour course covers basic programming theory, tools and techniques for the Laerdal platform. In part one, we cover the concepts and techniques for planning out a proper programmed scenario; these are general skills that apply to any high-, low- or no-fidelity simulation scenario. Focus is placed on communication with the entire simulation team, from students to staff to administrators to faculty.
More Self-Paced Courses Coming Soon:
Research & Evaluation
Free Courses for Subscribers: