Access to the Areas of Our Website
Our Site has areas that are open to all users with no registration required. Other areas of our Site are password-protected for specific user groups, such as individual, vendor and institutional subscribers (Subscribers). To access password-protected areas, you must apply for and be granted a subscriber account.
Information We Collect
Website Usage Information. Our Web server automatically collects and aggregates information about your visit to our Site, including your service provider, browser type, domain names of referring web sites, the pages accessed on our Site, and the date and time of your access. This is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.
Personal Information Collected. When you sign up for the free newsletter, you give us information that personally identifies you including name, contact information (such as your mailing and e-mail addresses and telephone numbers) and institutional affiliation, if any.
When you subscribe, you give us, in addition to name and contact information, your job title, institutional affiliation, simulation center name and financial information. Once a Subscriber, you may choose to provide additional profile information (such as a directory description, a biography and credentials), to participate in online forums, to create job postings and to otherwise participate in the Site subscriber-only features. We may collect and maintain any of this information.
If you communicate with us by email, we may collect any information from that communication.
Use of Collected Information
Our primary use of the aggregated and personal information collected is to improve our web services for our users, to respond to users’ interests, requests and preferences and to develop new services. Information may also be used for marketing and promotion of SimGHOSTS’ conferences and events.
Disclosure to Third Parties. SimGHOSTS makes Subscriber personal information available through its online Directory to other Subscribers using its Site. It also prints a list of names and institutions of Subscribers who participates in certain conferences and events for the purposes of those events. Subscribers may opt-out of the use of their personal information in the online Directory.
Consent to Use Personal Information. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act of 1998, SimGHOSTS and its agents must store, host and other process the information, including personal data, supplied by users when using this web site. SimGHOSTS may send such data outside the European Economic Area for processing. If you reside in the European Union, you consent to the transfer and storing of the personal information you have provided in countries outside of the EU, including the Unites States.
Credit Card Information. SimGHOSTS does not disclose credit card account information provided by its Subscribers except to the appropriate clearinghouse as necessary to obtain payment for purchases made by Subscriber.
We may, without specific or further notice to you, release your Web Site usage information, contact information, demographic information, automatically collected data and other relevant information when we believe such disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with any law, court order or other legal process, (b) protect the rights, property or safety of SimGHOSTS, the Site, our Subscribers, our users, employees, contractors, agents or others, or (c) enforce our user agreement.
We work to include security measures in this Site to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure and alteration of the information within our control that you provide to us. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of that information. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Please promptly notify us if your user name or password is lost, stolen or used without permission. In such an event, we will cancel that user name and password and update our records accordingly.
We store your personal information in a secure location that is accessible only by designated staff. In addition, we use a secure server to protect the safety and security of transactions over the Internet involving personal information.
Opt Out Process
We make every effort to contact you only if you have previously chosen to receive communications from us. At any time, you can “opt out” of receiving correspondence from us by updating preferences at www.simghosts.org/af_messagingpreferences.asp.
If, at any time in the future, we decide to use your personal information for a purpose not currently stated in this Policy, we will modify the Policy to disclose such usage. In addition, we will provide you with the opportunity and ability to opt out of this new use.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. You are encouraged to become familiar with the privacy policies and practices of every Web site that you visit prior to disclosing any personal information.
SimGHOSTS User Agreement
Welcome and thanks for participating in the SimGHOSTS Community. By joining as an account holder, affiliate or user and accessing or using the services on this website, you are entering into a legally binding agreement.
- Eligibility to Use the Services
SimGHOSTS provides access to its community through individual, institutional or vendor accounts. Vendors are subject to special restrictions listed in Section 6. By using the website services, you agree that:
- You are not sixteen years old or younger.
- You are the owner of an individual, institutional or vendor account or have access to an affiliate account based on your direct connection with an institutional account holder.
- You have paid the applicable registration fee or have access to an affiliate account of an institution that has paid the applicable registration fee.
- Your access to the website is not currently disabled or restricted by SimGHOSTS or the institution that provided you an affiliate account.
For institutional accounts, note that the institution controls the account and may terminate any associated affiliate account at its discretion. Once terminated, you are no longer eligible to use the website services under that institution’s account.
SimGHOSTS wants to ensure that this website is as secure as possible. To do so, it requires that you make the following commitments:
- You will try to choose a secure and strong password and to keep your password secure and confidential.
- You will not share your password or do anything that might jeopardize the security of your account. In the case of individual accounts, you will not let anyone else access your account. In the case of institutional accounts, you will not let anyone who is not a user authorized by the institution access the institution’s account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications such as spam on the website.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access the website, using automated means without our prior permission.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access any account belonging to someone else.
- Rules and Etiquette
SimGHOSTS’ website services provide a professional community to educate and train simulation technologists and to encourage the sharing of information and ideas. To further these goals and maintain a productive community, you commit to the following rules and etiquette:
- You will not provide false or misleading personal or business-related information on the website, or create an account for any individual or institution other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal or institutional account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will comply with all laws applicable to the access and use of the website services, including, without limitation, privacy laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws and regulatory requirements.
- You will use the website services in a professional manner.
- You will not bully, harass or intimidate any user.
- You will not post content that is hate speech, threatening or pornographic, incites violence, or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use the website services to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not collect users’ content or information for use not related to the purpose of the SimGHOSTS community.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Agreement.
- Conversations must be constructive and not demeaning to others. We request that opinions be based on experience and not conjecture.
- Any comment may be flagged an account holder for review by SimGHOSTS Moderators. Comments deemed inflammatory will be deleted with notification to offending parties.
- Repeat offenders will be moderated before they are able to post and their access terminated if necessary.
- Sharing Your Content and Information
The website services let you upload and share information in many ways. You own all of the content and information that you upload and share. However, information and content that you share or post may be seen, copied or used by other account holders and users. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically grant SimGHOSTS a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with the website for the sole purpose of providing the website services to you.
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the website, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared the IP content with others as part of the website and they copied or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- You agree only to provide content or information that does not violate the law or anyone else’s rights.
- It is the policy of the website services to promptly address and investigate notices of alleged copyright infringement and take appropriate actions. If you believe that someone is violating your copyright through the website services, you can notify us by sending information to the contact information in Section 9.
- For users outside of the United States, you consent to having your data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- Service Availability
We may change, suspend or end the website services, or change or modify the registration fee, in our discretion. We may also refuse to provide the website services to anyone for any reason. To the extent allowed under law, these changes may be effective upon notice provided to you.
You may also terminate this agreement at any time. On termination you lose the right to access or use the website service. The following sections survive termination: 4(b), 7 and 9.
- Vendor Accounts
If you are a commercial business you agree to the following:
- You may establish only a vendor account and not an individual or institutional account, regardless of your entity form (sole proprietor, partnership, LLC or otherwise.) Employees or agents of vendors may establish individual accounts on their own personal behalf but cannot use individual accounts to promote the vendor.
- You may not engage in any direct messaging unless a user specifically requests you to do so.
- You may not collect users’ content or information for any reason without prior permission of SimGHOSTS.
- You may answer questions specifically addressed to you about your products and/or services, but may not use the website services to promote your products and/or services through public forums, direct messaging or otherwise, without our prior permission.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on the website, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. We are not responsible for the content or information that users transmit or share on the website. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on the website. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline of any account holder.
- WE TRY TO KEEP THE SIMGHOSTS WEBSITE SERVICES UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING THE WEBSITE SERVICES AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE WEBSITE SERVICES WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WESBITE SERVICES WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. SIMGHOSTS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. IF YOU ARE A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT, YOU WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542, WHICH SAYS: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR WEBSITE SERVICES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT OR WEBSITE SERVICES WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, SIMGHOSTS’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
- This Agreement makes up the entire agreement between you and SimGHOSTS regarding SimGHOSTS website services and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Agreement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Agreement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Agreement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Agreement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Agreement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
a. ONLINE at: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. BY MAIL at: 3870 E. Flamingo Rd. #A2-443 Las Vegas NV 89121 USA