In 2012, the GOT SIM "jack-of-all-tradeshows" became SimGHOSTS!
The "Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Teqchnology Specialists" is a unique meeting as it is the only conference specifically designed for sim techs, or those operating and maintaining the day-to-day operations of medical simulation labs. In 2012, SimGHOSTS began establishing itself as the place for Sim Techs to exchange ideas and contacts, receive specialized training in manikin hardware & software, audiovisual production, moulage makeup, team communication & leadership techniques, medical terminology and much much more.
SimGHOSTS 2012 was sold out with over 152 Sim Techs from around the world who traveled to the Clinical Simulation Center of Las Vegas for three days of hands-on training in medical simulation related operations and technologies.
Over 152 Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists (also known as Sim Techs), or those permanently responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of a high-fidelity healthcare simulation lab. The event is open to everyone, however, it is designed specifically for Technology Specialists, Technicians, or those responsible for the physical day-to-day operations and maintenance of a simulation lab.
What they said:
Event Objectives :
- Meet with other Simulation Technology Specialists and share best practices
- Develop long term industry contacts
- Receive specialized training in:
- High-fidelity manikin hardware & software operation, maintenance and repair
- Audiovisual production techniques
- Team leadership and communication techniques
- Manikin moulage and makeup
- Medical terminology and healthcare practices
- Other community driven topics
- Discuss industry needs and possible standards
SimGHOSTS 2012 Key Highlights:
- Comprehensive Trauma Moulage Pre-Conference Workshop (50% Off Normal Course Fees!!)
- CAE Sponsored Party at Insert Coins Las Vegas
- CAE Sponsored Keynote from an Aviation Simulation Technician Dorsey Kemp
- LifelineMobile and Guamard Sponsored Mobile Simulation Lab Truck from Scottsdale Healthcare
- Operations Manual Development Workshop sponsored by Studiocode!
- An opportunity to meet with manikin vendors and help shape future technology
- Split course tracks for beginners, intermediate and advanced Sim Techs
- DIY Video Contest Sponsored by Laerdal!
- Check out the brochure at the link below for more information
Check out the SimGHOSTS 2012 Brochure!
The Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino was the official conference hotel for GHOSTS 2012.
Thanks again to the CSCLV Staff and Deans Yucha, Synder & Bar-on for letting us put on this great event.
A special thanks goes out to our Founding Sponsors
B-Line Medical is a digital solutions firm focused on the capture, debriefing and assessment of simulation-based medical training. B-Line Medical specializes in the delivery of robust, yet easy to use web-based solutions that have helped over 175 top hospitals, medical schools and nursing programs in nine countries, operate and manage their clinical skills and simulations centers more effectively.Pocket Nurse® is a nurse owned and operated company that has been selling medical supplies and equipment to Healthcare Educators and Simulation Labs nationwide since 1992. Pocket Nurse® has over 8,500 products to assist Educators teach all aspects of a healthcare curriculum or to fully equip a Clinical Simulation Lab. Pocket Nurse® is the exclusive distributor of Demo Dose® simulated medication for education. Pocket Nurse® also carries Student Health Totes. Each Tote can be customized to meet the needs of individual programs. Customers can order from the catalog or from their customer-friendly website.