A Recap of the 2014 SimGHOSTS Event Hosted at the University of the Sunshine Coast in Australia June 25th-27th
Australia Healthcare Simulation Called: SimGHOSTS Answered.
For the previous three years, SimGHOSTS continued to see increased attendance by the international community of Simulation Technology Specialists at the annual hands-on training events. With a mission to connect the world's growing population of simulation technology professionals together, the non-profit organization's leadership has continued to engage in relationship building with organizations inside and outside the United States. Seeing a continued presence by Australian Simulation Technicians and Administrators at the annual SimGHOSTS event, we knew we had to investigate the opportunity to partner with a forward-thinking organization to develop Australia's first simulation-technician specific meeting!
SimGHOSTS, or The Gathering of Healthcare Simulation Technology Specialists, brought for the first time, its successful hands-on training event for those operating simulation technology and labs in Australia in June 2014. The event was hosted at The University of the Sunshine Coast June 25th - 27th where participants took part in manikin programming, hardware repair, A/V System debugging, medical pharmacology, IT infrastructure building, community development and much much more!
SimGHOSTS 2014-Australia Highlights
- Opening Keynote Address by iSimulate on "Mobile Simulation Technology"
- Beginner and Advanced IT integration and installations
- In-Situ Camera Placement and Video Production Shooting and Editing courses
- Full day Trauma Moulage pre-con and two-hour training sessions with Australian Company TraumaSim
- Medical courses from Doctors and Nurses for sim techs with technical-backgrounds
- Teaching acting students for scenario roles to increase simulation fidelity
- Operational management courses including "How to Increase Technical staff", "How to run a Sim Center off-hours", and "Expanding Your Sim Program"
- DIY Projects and Innovation Awards with B-Line Medical
- Lab design and equipment sourcing / procurement techniques.
- Hands-on manikin hardware training with Laerdal products for every attendee!
Download the Full SG14AUS brochure here.
Be sure to check out this news report about our SimGHOSTS 2014 Australia Event.
SimGhosts 2014 Australia Sponsoring Vendors Included:
A Very Special Thank You
Dr. Patrea Anderson
This new opportunity would not have been possible without the amazing efforts of Dr. Patrea Andersen Associate Professor of Nursing at the School of Nursing & Midwifery at the University of the Sunshine Coast! Patrea and SimGHOSTS Executive Director Lance Baily connected over skype during the entire year to help put together Australia's first technical training meeting for simulation operators which turned out to be a huge success! Thanks Patrea!